Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Brennum Bun in the Oven

Saturday, July 16th David & I found out we're going to have a baby!!! We are so excited but it still feels so surreal and probably will until I have a baby 'bump'.

We told parents & siblings right away but waited until my first official doctor's appointment on July 25th to be sure everything was just fine before telling the rest of the family and my bosses at work, which of course everything is perfect and normal according to the doctor. We're still waiting until my second appointment, which marks the end of my first trimester to tell everyone else just to be on the safe side. 

I'm eight weeks along and for the most part feeling pretty good. I'm tired most of the time and I feel queasy on and off throughout the day but nothing that makes me run to the nearest bathroom or garbage can hahaha  My next appointment isn't until August 31st so I probably won't have much new to report on me and baby until then. Our official due date is March 12th and it'll be here before we know it the way the last three months have flown by!

Here's our first baby photo! It was amazing to see this in real time and see the flicker on the screen of the baby's heartbeat which was at a strong 135. As the doctor described, the cocktail weiny shape on the left is the baby! Granted that's not the actual size yet just the shape. According to the bump.com the 'How Big is Baby' weekly guide they have compares the baby to fruit and at 8 weeks our baby is now the size of a raspberry....awww.

Our Baby at 7 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment