Sunday, March 11, 2012

Our New Family

We welcomed Parker Lee into the world Saturday, February 25, 2012 at 6:01 p.m. weighing 6lbs 14oz and 19 inches. Although smaller than we anticipated he's absolutely perfect!! :)

I knew he'd arrive early but after my regular appointment that Friday morning and no dialation and my midwife saying it'll probably be another week, Parker had other plans. That evening about 8 p.m. after chatting to David on the phone briefly at work my water broke & I had to call him right back. Needless to say he was a little suprised! He had to find someone to cover for him so I called mom to come over until he got home so we could head to the hospital.  We arrived at the urgent care entrance just before midnight with my contractions coming every 5 minutes and so began our journey.  Although it was 22 hours later that he was born, it really wasn't as bad as 22 hours sounds. I could handle the contractions until about mid-afternoon Saturday when I transitioned into the second stage so when the timing was right I did take same Nubain to catch some sleep since I had been up since 7:30 a.m. Friday. From there my midwife put me on Pitocin to give me a boost and within an hour I went from 6 to 10 cm and was ready to push. Everything went perfect and I am so happy I was able to deliver naturally with no meds and the entire nursing staff was wonderful throughout our entire stay :)

David was amazing throughout the entire labor. He kept it calm & quiet so I could focus on my breathing and was by my side the entire time. I am so thankful for such a wonderful husband and he's already an amazing dad. I love you!

We're all doing great (although sleep deprived the first week for sure) but we're getting the hang of things and learning all about each other. Parker had his 3 day checkup and this Wednesday is his and mine 2 week checkup so I'll have some new stats to share.

Here are some pictures we've gotten with our camera. I'll have to figure out how to get the ones from our cell phones since we use those more often. Enjoy!

On our way to hospital-last photo of just the two of us!




So small!





Grandpa Goodell & Parker :)


Grandma Brennum (Lori) & Parker


Grammie :) Goodell & Parker


Daddy's built-in cracker holder hahaha

1 comment:

  1. What an adorable little munchkin! Keep the pictures coming since I can't just stop by to see him in person.

    ReplyDelete